Dentemp Repair-it Denture Repair Kit
Repair Broken Dentures Quickly and Inexpensively! The Dentemp Repair-it Denture Repair Kit contains everything you need to fix breaks, mend cracks and replace loose teeth in minutes. The safe and easy to use kit is zinc free and a must-have for anyone with dentures.
- Three repairs
- Easy to use
- Eat on it in 60 minutes
READ DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Do Not Use for loose caps or lost fillings. (Use Dentemp Loose Cap & Lost Filling Repair)
Do Not Use to reline a denture. (Use Dentemp Reline-it Denture Reliner)
WARNING: Denture reliner liquid is flammable. Keep away from heat, open flames or sparks.
WARNING: Avoid getting denture reliner liquid on skin. If you do, wash area with water immediately.
WARNING: Contains methacrylates. Do not use if you are allergic or sensitive to methacrylates.
Caution: Do not put repaired denture back into your mouth until the Denture Care material has hardened.
Caution: Fit pieces together properly. Once this product hardens it can not be removed.
Hint: If, while mixing, the material hardens too fast for the mixture to become smooth and creamy then please try again but first put the liquid into a freezer for 1⁄2 hour to slow hardening.
1. Clean and dry pieces of the denture or tooth. Make sure there are no missing pieces and that everything fits properly back together. If you cannot do this, the denture will not fit when repaired. Do not proceed. See your dentist immediately.
2. Mix denture repair liquid and powder as follows:
- Place contents of one Repair-it Powder packet in to one of the enclosed mixing cups.
- Hold a Repair-it Liquid packet in one hand, and gently tear off the notched end so as not to spill any of the liquid. Hold the open end of the packet directly over the powder, and add all of the liquid to the powder in the mixing cup. Be careful not to get any Repair-it Liquid onto your skin. This liquid is flammable. Do not use near sparks or an open flame. Use in a well ventilated area.
- Using the spatula mix until the mixture becomes smooth with a creamy consistency, like syrup.
4. Immediately fit the broken pieces of the denture together, or press the tooth into position. Make absolutely sure that all pieces fit together properly and are in correct alignment.
5a. For Cracked or Broken Dentures: Press the pieces together and hold in place for five (5) minutes. Be sure that the pieces stay in perfect alignment. Skip to Step 8.
5b. For Loose or Broken Tooth: Press the tooth in position and hold for one (1) minute. Be sure that the pieces stay in perfect alignment. Move on to Step 6.
6. Gently remove excess material carefully using a wet cotton tipped applicator.
7. Allow to set for an additional four (4) minutes while holding the pieces in place.
8. Carefully scrape away any extra material that has squeezed out.
9. Soak repaired denture in hot tap water (not boiling) for 10 minutes.
10. Remove denture from water. Dry carefully.
11. If necessary, use high grit sandpaper to lightly smooth out any rough spots.
12. Wash denture and spatula with soap and water. Wash hands thoroughly.
NOTE: After repairs have been completed, if for any reason the denture is uncomfortable or does not fit, do not use it. See your dentist immediately.
IMPORTANT: Special training and tools are needed to repair dentures to fit properly. Home-repaired dentures may cause irritation to the gums and discomfort and tiredness while eating. Long-term use may lead to more troubles, even permanent changes in bones, teeth and gums, which may make it impossible to wear dentures in the future. For these reasons, dentures repaired with this kit should be used only in an emergency until a dentist can be seen. Dentures that don’t fit properly cause irritation and injury to the gums and faster bone loss, which is permanent. Dentures that don’t fit properly cause gum changes that may require surgery for correction. Continuing irritation and injury may lead to tumors in the mouth. You must see your dentist as soon as possible.
WARNING: For emergency repairs only. Long-term use of home repaired dentures may cause faster bone loss, continuing irritation, sores and tumors. This kit is for emergency use only. See dentist without delay. A new denture may be required.
Download Printable InstructionsEnglish
Check out this video for a quick overview of the repair process.
Is there really enough liquid in the tube for three (3) repairs?
This would be for our old packaging and the answer is yes. Provided you do not use an excessive amount or have any waste for your first repairs, there is enough liquid for three complete repairs. However, instead of one tube with enough liquid for 3 repairs, our current packaging consists of a separate tube of liquid for each repair.
Do I have to use the entire packet of powder if I am just fixing one tooth on my denture?
Yes, you have to use one packet of liquid and one packet of powder.
What is the likelihood of issues related to “long-term” use that are outlined in the instructions?
While bone loss, irritation, sores and tumors are possible side effects of longterm use of home-repaired dentures, the incidence rate is relatively low. However, due to the fact that these issues can occur, we recommend that you ultimately see a dentist for a professional repair.
Can Repair-it be used on lower dentures?
Can Repair-it be used on partial dentures?
Can Repair-it be used on a Valplast (flexible) denture?
Where is the expiration date on the package?
Repair-it does not have an expiration date. If you would like to determine when the product was made, look for a 5-digit code on the back of the box. The first two digits of this code will let you know the year it was manufactured. (Ex. If the first two digits are 14, then the product was made in 2014.)
I lost my tooth from my denture. Can I rebuild one with this product?
No. Product is not intended for this use.
Does your repair-it contain replacement teeth?
Can you smoke after the use of this product? Is it flammable?
Once Repair-it has been used according to the directions, and the Repair-it has set the denture will be safe to use as normal.
Can you soak dentures in cleaning tablets over night?
Can this product be used to re-cement a crown?
No. Product is not intended to be used on natural teeth.
Can this product be used on natural teeth?
How do you remove product if repaired incorrectly?
You must contact your dentist.
How long will this product hold?
Product is for temporary use only and works differently for each individual.